The Phillies have plenty of decisions upcoming, primarily whether and how much to offer to free agents Jimmy Rollins and Ryan Madson. And that’s really just a start. It’s going to very interesting to watch this team try to right itself after the horrible chokejob debacle of this year’s letdown in the playoffs.
Hopefully they come out in 2012 a little stronger, a little more humble, and a lot healthier.
Here’s a sampling of recent/active threads from the PSC Phillies message board, along with the first post of each. Click the thread title to check out each one:
Mikey Miss mentioned to Stark the other day, that he had heard a rumor about the Phillies wanting to go after David Wright…. Stark in response confirmed the the Phillies have “talked” about David Wright, and that they “Love” David Wright. Hmmm.. One of the baby Aces, Brown and ?
Last night struck home. The Cards win tonight and we all will see what should have been and the Flyers game showed we are in for some awful hockey. Throw in the Eagles and the Reid death march and it might be a long time before we play any game that matters. And if the lineup does not get younger and better at the plate next summer could be quite cold too.
@JimmyRollins11 it must sting a little. Stay with the Phils and bring back the title! Screw the years if they offer 3, take it!
in reply to ↑
@TommyO10 not gone happen
He got $2.45 million to avoid arbitration last year. With Blanton coming back at $9 million and Worley’s emergence is it likely that Kendrick is just cut loose?
Thread: injury updates
First baseman Ryan Howard (ruptured left Achilles) had his stitches removed on October 25 and has progressed to partial weight bearing. He has begun a rehabilitation program in Philadelphia.
· Third baseman Placido Polanco (sports hernia) had a follow-up exam with Dr. William Meyers on October 26 and is continuing his rehabilitation in Miami.
· Left-hander Cole Hamels had stitches removed from his left elbow (loose bodies) on October 27 and is continuing his rehabilitation program in Philadelphia. He had a follow-up exam for his hernia surgery today with Dr. Ernest Rosato and has been cleared to progress back to his off-season program as tolerated.
· Right fielder Hunter Pence (sports hernia) continues his rehabilitation program in Philadelphia. He will have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Meyers next week.
· Right-hander Jose Contreras (right forearm strain) was seen by Dr. Michael Ciccotti on October 20 and will begin isometric forearm strengthening next week. He is on track to progress to regular strengthening in the beginning of December and initiate throwing at the beginning of January.
· Ross Gload (hip) was evaluated by Dr. Bryan Kelly in New York on October 18. Dr. Kelly did not feel an arthroscopic procedure was warranted at this time. Gload was set up with an off-season rehabilitation program.
[Editor’s note: check out PSC’s rolling MLB Hot Stove thread]
[Update:] Major League Baseball and the Players’ Association announced earlier this evening that the start of the free agency period will be delayed by 24 hours, and will officially begin at 12:01am ET on Sunday, October 30th. All team/player/mutual option decisions are due by 11:59pm ET on Monday, October 31st. Free agents will be able to sign contracts with new teams starting at 12:01am ET on Thursday, November 3rd.